Angel Flight Australia
Service type: Non-emergency flights for financially and medically disadvantaged people to assist patients and carers to travel to and from medical facilities anywhere in Australia.
Phone: 1300 726 567
Who can access (eligibility):
- People who are financially disadvantaged with medical conditions in non-emergency situations, and their carers.
- Referral required from a health professional – GP, allied health professional, cancer council staff, nursing staff, social worker.
- 5 days notice required, to organise an available pilot and plane
- Passengers need to be mobile enough to be able to get on and off the plane by themselves (or with help from their carer).
- Health professionals cannot accompany patients.
Service Areas: Anywhere in Australia, depending on availability of volunteer pilots and suitable aircraft.
Other information: “Earth Angels” are volunteers who meet patients and carers at the airport, and provide transport on the ground to & from their medical appointments.